Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chucking Reports
Abc of Cricket Forum > Cricket Issues > Player and Team Controversies
Shane
Two chucking reports have come out of the 1st Test against the Poms at Multan.

Pakistan bowlers Shoaib Malik and Shabir Ahmed have both been reported for illegal bowling actions.

One can only say with the new chucking rules, these two guys must have looked pretty crook to get reported. Although I am a little confused by the ICC media wording of Maliks "stop and prop" method of delivery.....what the heck is stop and prop?

Did anyone see these two guys bowling during the match?
jamstains
QUOTE (Shane @ Nov 19 2005, 09:48 AM) *
Two chucking reports have come out of the 1st Test against the Poms at Multan.

Pakistan bowlers Shoaib Malik and Shabir Ahmed have both been reported for illegal bowling actions.

One can only say with the new chucking rules, these two guys must have looked pretty crook to get reported. Although I am a little confused by the ICC media wording of Maliks "stop and prop" method of delivery.....what the heck is stop and prop?

Did anyone see these two guys bowling during the match?

I didn't see Malik bowling but Shabbir's action 'looked' bad, even under the huge billowing sails that he had for sleeves.
Shane
QUOTE (jamstains @ Nov 19 2005, 06:38 PM) *
I didn't see Malik bowling but Shabbir's action 'looked' bad, even under the huge billowing sails that he had for sleeves.

Apparently Ahmeds action detriorated from day 3 onwards. Bowden and Taufel apparently went out of their way to watch him during practice before the match commenced and also paid particular attention to him right the way through sessions of play. Obviously, one can conclude from this....someone....somewhere had mentioned him to them or they wanted to be able to make a fair comparison of his action at different times to jugde and or watch for any variation.

Maybe the fact this info has got out will lead to calls by players to ban umpires from training sessions.
Jakkels
No idea about Stop etc, but the action he has did look odd. Thing is, I am not sure if by chucking they gained any advantage. Its not as clear cut as, say when Muri does the doosra.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.