> Pak V Windies Game 1
Shane
post Mar 12 2007, 04:44 PM
Post #1

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Pakistan v West Indies, round 1 of the WC should be a good match, however I can't see the Windies overly troubling the Paks unless both Lara and Gayle put in a big innings with the bat. Pakistans bowling attack looks to be somewhat superior to the Windies and although Chris Gayle could be a surprise card for the Windies with his bouncing slow ones, the West Indies seem to be lacking the firepower to blast out the Paks who look like they are in pretty good form.

The Windies are capable of a big one on home turf and the Sabina Park crowd will no doubt be behind the home team, but I still don't think it will be enough to get them over the line.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jamstains
post Mar 12 2007, 09:41 PM
Post #2

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 287

I worry about the Windies when they have to set a target. If they chase, they should win.

+Quote Post
madclown
post Mar 13 2007, 04:12 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,194

don't worry...if they play crap....i have every intention of letting the ones near the boundary...where i will be seated...hopefully

(actually i think i halfway up the flippin bleacher...but so it go....at least i ould shout pretty loudly)...

+Quote Post
xfactor
post Mar 13 2007, 06:49 AM
Post #4

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,463

QUOTE (Shane @ Mar 12 2007, 05:44 PM) *
Pakistan v West Indies, round 1 of the WC should be a good match, however I can't see the Windies overly troubling the Paks unless both Lara and Gayle put in a big innings with the bat. Pakistans bowling attack looks to be somewhat superior to the Windies and although Chris Gayle could be a surprise card for the Windies with his bouncing slow ones, the West Indies seem to be lacking the firepower to blast out the Paks who look like they are in pretty good form.

The Windies are capable of a big one on home turf and the Sabina Park crowd will no doubt be behind the home team, but I still don't think it will be enough to get them over the line.

I reckon the W.I. will be very unpredictable they could pull out a rip snorter from nowhere, at the same time the paks are also a team that plays in spells. The bowling might be a bit weakened without those pill popping boys.

A good game to start off : trying to work out how to stay up and watch it.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2017 - 10:54 PM